May 31, 2006

Blackie Blog-Back In The Good Ole U of K!

Here we are then, back in England after a splendid flight. Had a great time at Sasquatch festival except for the rain but that was so ferocious it was really quite cool as well. I guess it's easy enough for me to say that though, I was sat on the bus while all this was happening, unlike those unfortunate folks who were out on the hill & ended up drenched. Really enjoyed Iron & Wine that day but I wish we'd been able to stay around until The Flaming Lips, sounds like they had a great show & brought the party to town.
After we got back we had the night off & then we were shooting for the Album Chart Show yesterday, few teething problems with sound on stage but we'll see how it turns out. Managed to sleep until 2pm this afternoon JETLAG AHOY & since then I've been struggling with my computer that seems to be dying on me after a slight accident on a plane, guess we'll see how it goes. Onwards & upwards everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger K-Dawg said...

Gotta love the jet lag...at least it proves you've gone somewhere. :) I heard a statistic from Nasa that for every time zone you cross you should expect a day to recover.
Best Wishes for a speedy readjustment!

11:41 AM  
Blogger vanillagrrl said...

Going your direction's the tough one but I just try to stay outside as much as possible on that first and second day. Coming back here (Rocky Mt. high, Colorado) after Thailand was rough -- full recovery did take about one day for each time zone. My solution: coffee. ;-)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Rain? That wasn't rain. That was _hail_ of torrential proportions. Maybe you couldn't tell from your seat in the bus, but take it from one of the people on the hill.

Regardless, great show. Can't wait till you come back again.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home