May 15, 2006

TomBlog - once more to the fold

So I'm sitting at the back of the bus with Ben, Ol and Blacks and we're watching, "The Dirty Dozen". Soundcheck awaits us inside. I can see the back of the dvd case popping out from between Ol's fingers, it reads "often imitated, never bettered". Quite the male-bonding session, sitting on a bus watching a war movie. Lee Marvin is excellent. He's in two of my all-time favourite movies: Point Blank and The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance. Just great. The singing in Paint your Wagon can even be forgiven. I quite like Cat Ballou too, but Jane Fonda dressed as a cowgirl probably has more to do with it than Marvin's comic turn.
I'd like to draw some kind of analogy between the twelve of us on this bus and the dirty dozen, but lacking death-sentences and uniformly english caucasians, we don't really fit the bill. Also the personal hygiene on here is a little too high, in my opinion. Here comes Dajon...he looks a little more like he'd do well in a battle situation than the rest of us - I'd certainly hide behind him. I wonder if there's any such thing as the entertainment corps left in the army, otherwise we'd be fucked.
toodle-pip.
tom x

2 Comments:

Blogger Leocadia said...

So you're 'The Tidy Twelve'... cute.

I hope there's a kettle on that bus.

6:13 AM  
Blogger blankemon said...

Hmm...have you seen Marvin in Boorman's "Hell in the Pacific?" with Toshiro Mifune?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home