December 06, 2006

TomBlog - home

Staring at my ten twinkling toes, shoeless, sprawling on a sofa. I don't like the word 'sofa' much, 'settee' isn't really any better, 'couch' I suppose wins; but it's not much of a competition. So here I am languishing in a world of soft furnishings, home at last. 9 months and I think around 115 gigs later. I'm developing a first class head cold. The kind that makes you feel like complete shit so you call it flu in a vain attempt to get sympathy. Always the way. You finish work and the flood gates open.
I've been indulging the domestic god in me for a few days. Seems like the right thing to do after being away for so long. Repainted a couple of walls. Hung a few new pictures. Cooked lots of delicious grub. Did a lot of unnecessary tidying. Starting to get bored of it now. My wife calls it 'nesting' but I call it 'sanity'. Nice to play the guitar just for fun again. And around we go again.

6 Comments:

Blogger kettlewitch said...

Ah there's no bed (or couch) like your own.

It's always the same. The common cold virus seems to know the minute you stop moving. Most colds start on a weekend.

Enjoy your brief domesticity, and if you get bored, organise that journal of yours and ring a publisher.

Kettle

8:17 AM  
Blogger Viola D said...

Welcome home.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Leocadia said...

"twinkling"... Did you paint your toenails?

1:09 AM  
Blogger RUDDY BONES said...

Play guitar for fun... Nothing better than this...!

2:10 AM  
Blogger mulletmaster said...

I think the technical term for your illness is 'man flu'. ^_^

Have you repainted over the red wine stain from the girlshapedlovedrug video!?

6:10 PM  
Blogger SuperC said...

Davenport

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home