March 26, 2006

TomBlog - Burbank

The diagonal pattern carpet is making my eyes water. The girl next to me is reading, "How to start and build a law practice". Burbank airport is rocking my world as I wait for flight 356 to JFK. The slightly funkier girl opposite me is reading an article entitled, "there's reality, and then there's illusion" although she doesn't look much like she believes it. My guitar feels like it weighs 10 lbs more than it ever has before. Last night was the sounds eclectic evening at the Gibson Amphitheater. Feist was amazing. It was so fraught backstage I didn't unwind until about 2 hours after we'd finished our show. It was all cables, walkie-talkies and egos. We got there in the end. Ben harper got up and did the hawaiian version of whipping piccadilly with us. He's a sweet guy. Anyway, it appears we are boarding the plane so toodle-pip.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leocadia said...

I had a very very odd dream about being at Blackie's house last night. It was really 8os, and a bit messy but he had lots of really cool expensive stuff I wanted, and this excellent black leather couch, and I think some fish, or something. It was a real cool dream, the kind you wake up from and feel absolute appreciation for your subconcious.

(Also cool, this random older lady on the tram the other day, said to this random ranting junkie, "I'd like to have a war of words with you, but I don't think you're armed".)

7:05 AM  
Blogger dante said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Viola D said...

Phattmo, that's a f*ckin great story :)

8:14 AM  
Blogger April said...

hey guys- I just created an account so that I could send you a comment. I've got a livejournel instead. But in other news I just wanted to say you guys were swell on Saturday at the KCRW thing, I was volunteering that night, a tall blonde goofball girl serving you burritos...hope all is well and i just wanted to send you a lil note for encouragement to keep rockin.

-myspace.com/aprilwapril

2:44 PM  
Blogger Leocadia said...

The Pocket Whale claims to be feeling the love, but every time she buys me chocolate, she eats it instead of giving it to me. I believe this is only because she is a WHALE, and not because she does not like me, but it still hurts to think of all the candy I could have and loved, and never had the chance...

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home