March 13, 2006

BlackieBlog-Olah!

Hello Gomezzas,Gomezicans,Gomezuguese,Gomezalians,Gomezlish....
Hope I haven't missed anyone out.Someone made the fair point that maybe I'd excluded,unknowingly of course,some of you fine people when I called you Gomites.
So as South by Southwest draws nearer it's a day of last minute arrangements,preparing for a flight at an ungodly hour & making sure that I've packed my passport,I have been known to forget it,hm!
I hope you've all been enjoying the new single which isn't out at the minute but is up on the site for a listen!And,as I'm sure you've seen,we now have a release date for our native land which I'm sure we'll be following shortly after with a tour.For all of you willing to brave Tom's demands for you to dance & entertain us as he wildly roams the stage on a Quadruple double espresso high that is.I'm sure any of you who've been to a Gomez gig before know exactly what I'm talking about.
For anyone in the UK who hasn't seen it yet the new Planet Earth series on a Sunday is a very fine programme indeed ,I'd definately check that out if you haven't already.You can have a look at the PlanetEarth websiteif you like.Just thought I'd share that with you as I was very impressed with it last night & also so I can show off that I've managed to figure out how to make links,not very impressive really I know,should have figured it a long time ago.
Anyway,I will be back see you soon,
Cheers,
Blackie

3 Comments:

Blogger dante said...

Hey Paul ‘Blackie’ Blackburn of Gomez!
Haven’t seen you since I spotted you at the Radiohead Southparks gig in 2001, at least I think it was you wearing some shaggy dog coat disguise. It was definitely Tom and Ian, as I passed them twice trying to park the car around the back of Magdelen College, God it pissed down that night.
Surprised you all seem to have taken up American citizenship.
Lots of folk here loved Gomez but have forgotten you exist. Must do something about that!

David Attenborough is a God. Keeping my fingers crossed for Caribou.
Love to you all.

1:35 PM  
Blogger vanillagrrl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Planet Earth is great of course, but I can't get over my addiction to Monkey Business on Animal Planet.

Like the new single too by the way.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home