March 02, 2006

TomBlog - a welcome note

Hola my friends! Here we are at the dawn of a new era for the mez. New labels, new record, new shoes. I won't lie and tell you the past 2 years have been easy - far from it, but I also don't want to dwell on it. We've come through it and made our best record to date. I'm not saying its better, although I'm sure some of us will lose hours discussing the matter, I'm saying its the best one. That's right. The one that rings the bell at the top of the meter and other poor analogies.

At the moment we're rehearsing for SXSW and a little mini-tour that ben, e and me are doing as a menage å trois. It has all the makings of a grade one Gomez débacle of fun, and I hope to see a few of you there. It'll be mainly brand spanking new tunes done to the very best of our not too great ability. There may even be time for a secret show along the way. We'll see.

I just had my 29th birthday and it's approaching ten years on the road - they've been the best ten years anyone could hope for. We really do owe a debt of gratitude to all of you for supporting and following the band down the years. And to those of you who've just joined up, welcome to the highs and lows, the million-and-one shows that is being in this fair family.

Thanks very much, Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home